Overall technical analysis of large portfolios (several hundred) provides a clearer picture for litigation or licensing negotiations:
- characterization of the portfolio under broad criteria agreed with our client;
- requires about 3 hours of work per patent.
- Technical analysis of medium size portfolios (about 50 to 100 patents) provides a solid basis for litigation strategies or licensing negotiations:
- first assessment of essentiality, validity or infringement;
- quality assessment: identification of strong, medium strong and weak patents;
- typically requires about 10 to 20 hours per patent, to be mutually agreed with the client;
- in addition a deeper analysis of selected patents will be performed.
- Statistical evaluation of patents declared to the ETSI IPR database, useful for e.g. patent acquisition or for arbitration purposes, including
- the possibility of comparing very large patent portfolios or selected subsets on a declarant level,
- the determination of either suitable royalty percentages according to ETSI FRAND or suitable package price ranges,
- the support during license acquisition negotiations and arbitrations with people experienced in this,
- various clean-up work on the ETSI declarations (de-duplication, assignment to technical areas, reduction to one patent per patent family, etc).
Result of our work
We provide profound analyses for our clients according to their requirements.
We assist our clients in developing a litigation strategy based on the results of the portfolio analysis, e.g. revocation of selected patents which were identified as weak.